Digital Signage is becoming a reputable marketing resource as technology advances continue to improve capabilities. Despite businesses in the past being hesitant to incorporate signage into their marketing strategy, forward thinking corporates are now ceasing the opportunity to attract attention, leverage up-sells and influence purchase decisions. We take a look at statistics from the digital world to gain an understanding of what is driving implementation.
1. Over a quarter of organisations deem ‘multichannel campaign management’ as one of their top priorities Digital signage forms part of the multichannel marketing strategy, acting as a canvas for unlimited marketing content, campaigns and promotions. It bridges the gap between virtual and physical by offering a complete online product catalogue in store, providing a seamless experience across multiple channels.
2. 63% of people report that digital signage catches their attention.
This percentage is significantly higher than TV, Internet and billboard advertising. Retailers are choosing digital signage due to its low cost and flexibility but high impact is the key advantage.
3. 84% of UK retailers believe digital signage creates significant brand awareness
Digital signage is essentially the ‘face’ of a store, it familiarises the target audience with the brand and ultimately makes the company more recognisable. With dynamic signs reinforcing brand messages through an immersive experience, retailers are eager to use signage to fully optimise communication with their customers.
4. Digital video in general reaches 70% of the public
It is evident that digital signage provides relevant content and drives customer engagement but the magnitude of its reach is what rivals other channels. Compared with Facebook and online video platforms, which reach less than 45%, retailers are using video signage to expose a larger audience to their marketing messages.
5. If given a choice, 42% of retail video viewers would prefer to shop at stores that have video displays
With 4k Ultra HD drastically improving the visuals on a video wall, retailers are increasingly turning to displays as a low cost way of informing and entertaining customers. The realistic simulation and impact of video walls adds to their effectiveness by engaging users with their environments. Successful applications in various industries are giving retailers insight into how and where this format should be used.
6. Digital Signage reduces perceived waiting times at checkout by as much as 35%
Digital signage solves the problem of unpredictable waiting times and long queues in store. Simply connecting with internal queue management systems it offers a more efficient and professional treatment to the customer, optimising the waiting experience.
7. 29.5% of customers find digital menus influential for purchase of product
Vibrant and eye-catching digital menu displays have come reta long way from traditional, unresponsive, static food boards. Restaurants, mainly in the fast food industry, can now automatically show the right offer, at the right price, at the right time, at the right place.
8. Half of the top 100 retailers in the US are testing beacons this year
Beacon technology is driving digital signage with its capability to push personalised messages to customers’ smartphones. This fine-grained location service technology is used in conjunction with current smartphone apps, pushing promotions, offers or essential marketing messages straight into the hands of new or returning customers.
9. Over 60% of buying decisions are made at the Point of Sale
Digital signage gives customers the chance to compare products. Stores can embrace rather than fear the growing retail trend of ‘showrooming’, increasing their chance of keeping buyers in-location to make their purchase with content that creates experience and emotion.
10. Digital Signage adds an upswing in overall sales volume by 31.8%
Being forced to stand in long queues, search for products, verify prices and check merchandise availability frustrates customers. There is therefore a huge sales potential for companies to capture lost opportunities by making the shopping experience more efficient and satisfying. Digital Signage creates an immersive in-store experience, maximising cross-sells, upsells and impulse buys by quickly adapting and deploying content in real time.